Firefly replaced Trinity wallet on April 28th 2021. For the Trinity website click here.
What is Personal Data
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
How we collect Personal Data
IOTA does not collect your Personal Data through the App. However, if you download, install and use the App on your phone or other device, it may be necessary to process some data about you or your device for the operation of the App and to improve our services.
Further, IOTA may collect and process Personal Data like your name, email address or phone number when:
- you contact IOTA, or request that IOTA contacts you, for any reason; or
- you submit your Personal Data to IOTA for any reason.
What Personal Data do we Collect?
It is crucial to note that the private keys of the users are never transmitted to IOTA and it is not possible for IOTA to access a user’s crypto-assets in any case.
We may collect information relating to your general use of the App such as errors, log information concerning any errors encountered in the App and other related information relevant to IOTA's provision of the services, for the purpose of administration and diagnostics analysis to help IOTA improve its services.
Purpose of processing of Personal Data
We may process data about your use of the App in order to enable the operation and use of the App, as well as for the administration and management of the App and the services offered via it.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Data
- we have obtained your explicit prior consent to the processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contractual relationship that you may enter into with us;
- the processing is required by the applicable law;
- the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
How we Protect and Store Personal Data
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including inter alia as appropriate:
- pseudonymisation and encryption of Personal Data;
- the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- the ability to restore the availability and access to Personal Data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and
- a process for regular testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
In assessing the appropriate level of security, we account for the risks that are presented by processing the Personal Data, in particular, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Providers of Operating Systems and Telecommunication Services
Any transmission of data from your device depends on the operating system, the telecommunication network provider as well as other providers of data communication (e.g. Wi-Fi provider) used. Please observe the data protection notices of these companies.
We may use further data processors during the operation of the App. When we are involving data processors into the performance of our services and contractual obligations and such involvement requires the sharing of Personal Data, we have entered into data processing agreements with the data processors, according to Art. 28 of the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and, as far as required, further appropriate safeguards according to Art. 46-49 GDPR. The list of actual data processors to which we disclose your Personal Data can be requested by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that IOTA may collect your Personal Data directly from the country where you are based and store it on servers in Europe and the United States of America (USA). For the USA, there does not exist an adequacy decision by the European Commission, guaranteeing an adequate data privacy level. Therefore IOTA has implemented appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Data in the USA. A copy of the safeguards may be obtained by e-mail to: email@example.com
Processing of your sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to collect or otherwise process your sensitive Personal Data, except where:
- the processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your explicit consent prior to processing your sensitive Personal Data (as above, this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
Consequences of not Collecting your Personal Data
To enable your use of the App and to provide you with the services offered via the App, it is necessary to process some data about your usage of the App or your device. Without processing such data, we may not be able to provide the App and its services to you.
Consent and withdrawal
Any consent is provided freely. If you have given your consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. After your withdrawal we will stop processing your Personal Data, including storage, unless further data processing is required and legally permitted. This paragraph is only relevant for processing that is entirely voluntary – it does not apply for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way, as is for example the case with regard to any data required for the installation and the operation of the App.
To withdraw your consent, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to IOTA Foundation, Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin.
Legitimate Interest and Right to Object
You may object to the processing of your Personal Data based on legitimate interests of IOTA or third parties. Unless your objection is directed solely against direct marketing by IOTA, you have to explain your special situation, which makes the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests unacceptable for you.
To object, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to IOTA Foundation, Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin.
When we Erase Personal Data
We erase your Personal Data automatically when they are no longer required for the purposes listed above. We also erase your Personal Data according to your request, as explained below, and if further storage is neither required nor permitted by the applicable laws. Further storage only occurs as long as and as far as it is designated by the EU or Member States’ legislation in EU Acts, Law, or other regulations, that IOTA is subject to (e.g. transactional data may be stored for a period of 10 years).
Your Rights Related to Data Privacy
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, or restriction of their processing. Furthermore, you have the right to request data portability. If you are in the EU you have the right to file a complaint to the relevant data protection authority, e.g. the Berlin Data Protection Authority (Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit).
You have the right to obtain from us the information as to whether Personal Data concerning you are being processed, the purpose of the processing and the categories of Personal Data concerned.
To exercise any of these rights, please send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to IOTA Foundation, Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin.
A copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing can be requested.
Our Contact Information
For any requests, you can contact us as follows: email@example.com. IOTA Foundation, Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin.